About isITethical & Societal Readiness Assessment
IsITethical and SoRA are initiatives which gather practitioners, researchers, commercial developers, advocacy groups, and policymakers interested in driving responsible innovation.
isITethical is focused on digital ethics and societal readiness. It was develeopled in the field of information sharing in disaster risk management. Read more below.
SoRA is focused on the societal readiness assessment of sustainable mobility innovations. Read more below.
Both have application beyond the fields they have been developed for and can be adapted.
WHO WE ARE
Malé Luján Escalante
Director - isITethical?
Director - SoRA
Katrina Petersen Senior Editor
Luke Moffat Senior Editor
Arianna Schuler-Scott Senior Editor
Societal Readiness Assessment (SoRA)
Lara Salinas Director
Cronan Cronshaw Senior Editor
Lead Service Designer
Nicola Spurling Senior Editor
Namita Manohar Service Designer
Sofia Kallimasioti Service Designer
Media & Communications Intern
isITethical is focused on Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and mitigation and adaptation to climate change through innovation, especially in public safety communications and transport, and health.
Our collaboration emerged from different EU Research projects (including SecInCore, EPISECC, COncORDE, BRIDGE) and with the support of the UK Higher Innovation Fund and Lancaster University. Public Safety Communication Europe (PSCE) has supported the isITethical platform from its inception.
The isITethical? Exchange has developed through collaboration between:
The Public Safety Communications Europe Network (PSCE)
IsITethical is directed by Malé Luján Escalante with Monika Buscher as Non-Executive Director. They lead a group of scholars, experts, and designers in the production of content and services.
IsITethical develops resources on digital ethics for responsible innovation.
- Key Terms - an overview of ethical, legal, and social issues arising in the context of ICT innovation in disaster risk management and guidance on balancing technological potential with fundamental rights and values;
- inspiration for design and organisational change that places human rights, values, and practices at the centre of innovation;
- links to relevant resources such as creative novel methods for iterative ethical impact and privacy impact assessment.
We have long-standing experience in interdisciplinary research which explores:
- societal readiness of innovations;
- interoperability and collaborative information management in disaster risk management;
- methodologies for digital ethics and societal readiness assessment.
Our work combines a set of resources and services for high-quality responsible research and innovation for continued professional development, including:
- Key Terms for digital ethics;
- A table-top exercise game to explore digital ethics in public safety communications
Societal Readiness Assessment (SoRA) is an interactive framework for developers and stakeholders to improve the societal readiness of low carbon transport projects.
This is a reflective, iterative process with many entry points. Assessment of Societal Readiness Levels is a good start, and the SoRA toolbox provides creative methods for dialogue and improvement. The toolbox includes tools for ‘deeper dive’ reflection, visioning, stakeholder mapping, equality, diversity and inclusion, and more.
To find out more about SoRA or to try SoRA, please contact Lara Salinas.